Why We Like The Shimano GRX WH-RX870 Carbon Gravel Tubeless Wheelset
Built for all-terrain riding and racing, the Shimano GRX WH-RX870 Carbon Gravel Tubeless Wheelset offers quick acceleration on flat paths, steady climbs, and rolling hills alike. The lightweight carbon rim construction weighs in at just 1,461g for the pair, which is why we see this wheelset as a must-have for high-performance gravel riding. With a 25mm internal and 30mm external rim width, our wheels are suitable for tubeless-ready tires between 32 and 50mm, and when combined with Shimano's cup-and-cone ball bearing hubs, they deliver a quick response and exceptional stability during any ride.
- A lightweight tubeless-ready wheelset for gravel riding and racing
- Ideal for quick acceleration, easy climbing, and cross-wind control
- Carbon-constructed rims feature 24 spokes for maximum strength
- 25mm internal, 30mm external rim widths pair with 32-50mm tires
- Shimano cup-and-cone ball bearing hubs offer reliable, quick engagement
- Item #SHIU1HJ
- Rim Material
- Wheel Size
- Rim Type
- Rim Depth
- Rim Width
- [internal] 25mm, [external] 30mm
- Brake Compatibility
- centerlock disc
- cup-and-cone ball bearing hubs
- Front Axle
- 12 x 100mm thru-axle
- Rear Axle
- 12 x 142mm thru-axle
- butted, bladed
- Spoke Nipple
- Spoke Count
- Claimed Weight
- [pair] 1461g, [front] 639g, [rear] 822g
- Manufacturer Part Number
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
- front wheel, rear wheel
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
October 16, 2023
Short term review
- I've used it several times
Came with tubeless tape pre-installed and seating 34c Vittoria corsa pro controls was super easy with my Lezyne pressure overdrive cannister pump, then I put on an 11-30 dura-ace cassette, and 2 160mm dura-ace rotors, added sealant and with NO adjustments to my calipers or rear mech swapped them out onto my gravel bike and works perfect. I have done a couple hundred miles on them and they are awesome, fast, nice sound too, and look good.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov