GRX FC-RX600 Crankset
Shimano is often revered as a slow-moving Japanese giant and that status is a double-edged sword. On one side, its slower to bring products to market and is often deemed to be lagging behind compared to the competition (take the burgeoning gravel scene and its lack of components for instance). On the other, you can rest assured that when the products do hit the shelves, they are engineered, designed, built, and tested to a level that ensures next-level precision and reliability. Case in point: its GRX FC-RX600 Crankset giving gravel junkies the option of a wider ratio double setup with typical Shimano shifting and dependability.
Shimano spent over two years getting feedback from gravel enthusiasts when developing the groupset that will ultimately tackle dirt and gravel roads and singletrack on drop-bar machines. It learned that rider's wanted the option of 1 or 2x setups, wide gear ranges, and of course, reliability. The GRX FC-RX600 gives you all this while not breaking the bank and working flawlessly with the rest of the GRX 11-speed lineup.
The crank is constructed of durable, lightweight, and stiff aluminum alloy and the 46/30t rings provide enough range for climbing long, steep grades with a week's worth of bikepacking gear without spinning out of gear on the other side. Specially engineered tooth profiles and pins ensure positive shifting even in muddy and dusty conditions.
- A crankset optimized for gravel bikes and the type of riding faced
- Wide-ratio gearing is optimized for bikepacking and multi-surface excursions
- Reliable aluminum construction withstands gravel abuse
- Cold-forged crank arms have a high strength-to-weight ratio
- Specially designed chainrings offer precise and crisp shifting
- 24mm spindle fits most bottom bracket shells
- 110/80mm 4-bolt BCD spacing increases stiffness while lowering weight