Why We Like The Dure-Ace WH-R9270 C60 Carbon Road Wheelset
Ideal for flatter road courses and time trial events, the Dura-Ace R9270 C60 prioritizes aerodynamic efficiency and lateral rigidity. An updated hub design, stiffer spokes, and a deep-section rim allows us to push harder in corners and ensure that every bit of our effort is translated into forward motion.
Because of its deeper rim profile, the C60 uses a different front hub design that incorporates Shimano's OPTBAL 2:1 spoke pattern to improve lateral stiffness (very important for this deep-dish style of rim). The C60 also receives stiffer spokes, bumped up to 1.8mm from the previous generation's 1.5mm. Tested by Shimano's professional athletes, the enhanced rigidity allows us to push harder when maneuvering at higher speeds and cornering. Lastly, the new wind-tunnel tested, deep-section rims feature a faster, more stable cross-section that time trialists, triathletes, and sprinters alike will enjoy.
- Aerodynamic Dura-Ace wheels for TT's and triathlons
- Wind-tunnel proven aerodynamics cut down drag on flat courses
- 60mm rim depth is the deepest of the lineup
- 20% greater lateral rigidity than prior generations
- 21mm internal width supports modern road bike tires
- Direct Engagement freehub shaves 45g over the previous generation
- OPTBAL lacing on both wheels improves side-to-side stiffness
- Item #SHIU1EQ
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.