Selle SMP designs saddles for various cycling disciplines and with its Men's KRYT3 Saddle, it might just be the first saddle we've come across that's built for criteriums. We're quite certain that’s not the only arena it will excel in and we're kind of surprised it doesn't come with some sort of protective anti-abrasion material on the sides to withstand the inevitable crash, but nevertheless, it's designed with a shape that supports quick adjustments to speed and handling that’s needed on a tight, closed course. This saddle gets its signature shaping and standard elastomer foam padding keeping you comfortable way past the 1-hour plus a lap timing of your typical crit.
The KRYT3 is indeed all SMP with its signature pressure relieving center channel and iconic dropped nose. This shaping relieves pressure on soft tissue and places it on the sit bones which, as it turns out, are way better at supporting our body weight while seated. SMP shapes the carbon reinforced nylon shell to work best for a cyclist with pant size ranging between 30 and 35-inches for maximum comfort. The black version features a soft leather cover while the color versions use a durable microfiber. Stainless steel rails resist corrosion and boost durability so the saddle stays with you for years to come.
- A crit focused saddle built for acceleration and body English
- The carbon reinforced shell drops grams with tuned flex
- Leather cover on black version or Lorica on color versions
- Stainless steel rails achieve high durability levels
- Dropped nose reduces pressure on soft tissue
- Central channel further aids in stability and support