F30 C Carbon Rail Saddle
For those of you who want the benefits of a Selle SMP saddle but can't quite come to terms with the looks comes the F30 C Carbon Rail Saddle. This saddle has a more compact, "stub-nose" shape without quite the exaggerated drop nose but make no mistake, it's all Selle SMP. Those unique design features provide greater riding comfort while deep in the drops versus conventional saddles and provide the ability to move about, finding a perfectly powerful position without a hint of excessive pressure. Another patented SMP carryover is its ergonomic center channel that relieves the potential of compression in the perineal and prostate area helping to eliminate tingling and numbness. Additionally, nerves and the vascular regions are protected allowing the entire area to benefit from increased blood flow and better ventilation.
The tail of the saddle receives a kicked up design for maximum pelvic support and better stabilization. This provides a better foundation to brace against while putting out the watts as well as a more powerful and comfortable position when climbing. It's also worth noting that the rear of the saddle has a slight cutout to protect the coccyx.
This particular saddle is covered in leather on the black version and receives a microfiber cover for the white one. It receives a minimal amount of foamed elastomer padding covering a carbon reinforced nylon shell. The 7.1 x 9.0mm saddle rails are constructed from unidirectional, high modulus carbon fiber for a wide fore and aft range, great shock absorption, and it saves 50 grams over the stainless steel version.
- A saddle for long-mile training and racing alike
- Slightly wider and shorter than the other SMP models
- Features a compact shape for lightness and freedom of movement
- Dropped nose and central channel alleviate pressure
- Raised tail supports the pelvis into efficient pedaling position
- Minimal padding focuses on comfort without bounciness
- Carbon rails and composite body ensure longevity and drop grams
- Item #SLL001S
- Carbon reinforced nylon
- [black] leather, [white] microfiber
- Seat Length
- Seat Width
- Claimed Weight
- 8.1oz (230g)
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, road cycling, triathlon
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years