Trails have a whole new slew of demands over riding on the tarmac, and Selle SMP takes those needs seriously with its Blaster Saddle. At first glance it may share some of its aesthetics from Selle's road line, like the wide, cutout channel, but it's constructed with the rigors of mountain biking in mind, with a durable nylon-carbon composite shell that offers stiffness, with just enough flex, to transcend disciplines from from singletrack to pavement, and everything in between.
Like the all-rounder Stratos and Dynamic, the Blaster is best suited for cyclists with average-width pelvises, as it features a moderate profile and a fairly minimal amount of padding. At the nose, there's the characteristic "beak" shape designed to provide a flat base while sitting that minimizes pressure. Down the center, SMP's pronounced central channel further reduces pressure on the pudendal nerve and surrounding soft tissue. The back of the saddle is raised for an enhanced seated pedaling position, where body weight is divided between the rear and lower part of the ischial tuberosity region. This shape also helps reduce overall pressure on the coccyx while riding over rough surfaces.
- A durable saddle to transcend disciplines from dirt to tarmac
- Pressure-relieving design elements elevate comfort on the ride
- Large center cutout reduces pressure on sensitive tissues
- Shell construction is both light and durable
- Minimal padding provides support without excess bulk
- Recommended for cyclists with average-width sit bones
- Item #SLL000V
- stainless steel
- carbon reinforced nylon
- [black] leather, [colors] microfibre
- Seat Length
- Seat Width
- Claimed Weight
- 9oz (255g)
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, cyclocross, gravel, mud/sand/snow, road cycling, trail, triathlon
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help