Why We Like The Coron Air MIPS Helmet
Extensive coverage meets superior ventilation with the POC Coron Air MIPS. It's a helmet that's been in our gear closet for a while, and we choose it over most full-face helmets when we're racing down the mountain and putting it all on the line. See, while most full-face helmets are built with an EPS liner that's really only rated for a single impact, the POC Coron is built with a tough fiberglass shell and a multiple-impact EPP liner. This gives us an extra level of protection so we can keep charging through the riding season with confidence. For the most recent model, POC phases out their SPIN technology in favor of a MIPS liner to protect against lower-speed rotational impact forces.
- POC's premier full-face for downhill and enduro riding
- Optimized ventilation keeps us cool and low and high speeds
- Multi-impact EPP liner offers superior protection over EPS
- Removable cheek pads for better ventilation on transfer stages
- Helmet is developed in conjunction with POC professional athletes
- Breakaway visor offers increased safety in the event of a crash
- New MIPS liner replaces POC's spin technology
- Specially formed ear chambers minimize negative effects on balance and hearing
- Item #POCZ1DE
- Shell Material
- Multiple Impact
- Audio Compatible
- optimized ventilation in shell
- Fit Adjustment
- adjustable strap with buckle
- adjustable, breakaway
- Full Face
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older, EN1078, ASTM F1952
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 2lb 9oz
- downhill, enduro
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
November 19, 2022
Great fit, very secure feeling
- I returned this product before using it
I tried this helmet on in a store and I really liked the way it is shaped and fits compared to other helmets I tried. It wraps snugly around the jaw and cheekbones (albeit with thick padding for comfort), for a very secure fit that won't easily move backward, as compared with other helmets I tried that left a gap and did not inspire confidence in the face protector. The feel is closer to a motorcycle helmet. It was a little on the heavy side, so just not what I was looking for on local wooded trails. They had a lighter-weight version but the fit was not as good. Also, the sizing seemed peculiar in that I was an "XL-XXL" even though I am an "L" in most helmet brands.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help