Coast Suspension Dropper IR Seatpost
Over the years we've seen suspension introduced into just about any component you can reasonably imagine, so at first when we heard the engineers at PNW Components announce a suspension seatpost, we weren't floored — that is, until we dug just a touch further, and found that the innovative brand took things a step further, providing 40mm of tunable air suspension into a dropper post, launching the Coast Suspension Dropper IR Seatpost. This unique post is designed to take the sting out of jarring forces, like a pothole that catches you around a corner, harsh curb, or rocks and roots on singeltrack. It's optimized for a whole slew of riding styles as well, whether you want to add comfort and dismount ease to your commuter, squish to your gravel rig, or adaptability to your bikepacking machine.
The post is built with the mechanics we've come to know and trust from PNW, and packs in 120mm of drop for getting behind the saddle (100mm on 27.2mm version). This provides plenty of space for moving around on the bike, and lowers your post to help achieve flat-footed dismounts, which are exceptionally handy with a fully-loaded bike that's packed for adventures. This partners up with 40mm of travel that eats up chatter, but won't claim to replicate the feel of a full-suspension rig. While a full-suspension moves your rear wheel to conquer square-edged bumps, and more than likely offers well over 40mm of travel, the post simply features a telescoping travel to make riding a little smoother when the going gets rough.
- A dropper post that packs in air suspension to soften the ride
- 40mm of fully tunable suspension damps hits from rocks and potholes
- Available with 100-or-120mm of travel for comfort in the cockpit
- Optimized to work with commuter, gravel, trail and enduro rides
- Dropper posts improve ease of dismount with fully-loaded bikepacking rigs
- Compatible with 27.2, 30.9, and 31.6mm seat tubes with internal cable routing
- Does not include remote for actuating dropper