AMFIB Gel Glove
There’s incredible imagery that can flash into one’s mind when donning winter gloves — rights of passage, the warrior, the rebel, and the loner. Whatever comes to mind when trying on the Pearl Izumi AMFIB Gel Gloves, Pearl Izumi wants to keep those vibes flowing as you conquer the ride. Updated with AmFib Softshell fabrics for superior protection from the wintry elements, and insulated with 100g Primaloft Gold with Crosscore, the Amfib may be the ultimate cold-weather armor. The insulation and soft fleece lining will stay warm even if they get wet, while the durable Ax Suede Laredo palm is flexible and highly grippy but abrasion-resistant. The slip-on, long cuff keeps heat in and water out, and the soft microfleece thumb panel provides a perfect surface for nose and sunglasses wiping.
- Winter cycling glove for all those "why am I out here" rides
- AmFIB fabrics block wintry winds and frigid moisture
- 100g Primaloft Gold insulation provides warmth without bulk
- Ax Suede Laredo synthetic leather palm provides superior softness and durability
- Anatomic fit maximizes finger dexterity for shifting and braking
- Soft fleece wiping surface on thumb soothes cracked noses
- Reflective elements enhance low-light visibility
- Item #PLZO8DP
- Responsible Collection
- [face fabric] AmFIB softshell, [insulation] Primaloft Gold w/ Crosscore (35% post-consumer recycled polyester, Aerogel particles), [palm] Ax Suede Laredo synthetic leather
- Am-FIN 3D gel
- Manufacturer Warranty
3.5 based on 3 ratings
Fits Slightly SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
January 25, 2023
Not quite up for the really cold days
- I've put it through the wringer
I like these gloves in a lot of ways they fit well, are comfortable, I like the design, and they seem pretty durable. Maybe I got lucky and got a good pair. However, I have cold hands, and it is particularly problematic for my thumb and index finger tip pads (where I am pressing the shifter, dropper post remote, and brakes). Below about 35 degrees Fahrenheit, they don't quite cut it. Also some times my finger tips will be okay but the back of my hand will be sweaty. Once this happens, it is very hard to get the gloves off and on as the liner comes part way out. If I just take them off and let them dry, it is fine. But I often report downed trees or trail damage to our local group and I need to get my phone out for pictures and map pins, and its a whole lot easier with my gloves off. I got them in XXL and it was a bit snug, I usually wear an 11.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
January 25, 2023
Amazing so far
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
- 5' 11"
I've consistently struggled with cold fingers in lower 30's temps and these gloves have definitely solved that. I'll continue to test them through the winter, but ride #1, at 33 degrees proved to me, that these are the gloves I will wear all winter long.
December 26, 2021
Durability wanting. Now worth the price.
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought:
I have used the glove exclusively for riding my bike. I have noticed that the gloves are tearing and coming apart in at least two places. Given the price of the gloves, I needed better durability. In that sense, I feel cheated on quality. The cold weather performance is decent for short rides under 45 minutes.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help