SR-12.2 12-Speed Compatible Chain Whip/Sprocket Remover
We don't know of any other way to remove a cassette lockring without stabilizing the cassette, and sooner or later you'll want to remove it for cleaning or swapping out the gearing for something more appropriate on the day. If you don't own one yet and are in the market for a great chain whip for your home shop or toolbox, consider the 12-Speed Compatible Chain Whip/Sprocket Remover - SR-12 from Park Tool. You'll find yourself using it more than you'd think and with its heat treated construction that prevents bending and flexing, it'll last for years.
The Park Tool SR-12 Chainwhip works on 5 through 12 road and mountain cog cassettes and freewheels regardless if your alliances lie with SRAM, Shimano, or Campy. At the bottom of the tool, it features a 1in box-end wrench that fits Park Tool freewheel and cassette lockring tools so you can reinstall your gear clusters. A comfortable molded handle adds grip while the hardened pins add durability and keep the chain securely in place.
- Combination chain whip and freewheel/locking remover wrench
- Works with 5 to 12 speed road and mount bike cassettes/freewheels
- 1in box-end wrench fits Park lockring tools
- Hardened pins ensure chain stays in place
- Item #PARE02M
- heat-treated steel with molded handle
- 5 - 12-speed road and mountain bike cassettes, single-speed cassettes with 3/32in cog
- Other Tools
- 1in box-end wrench fits cassette lockring tools
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help