You plan on living out of this Pair of Ortlieb's Bike-Packer Plus Panniers on your Summer of Cycling tour across the country. Ortlieb made these panniers out of PU-coated Cordura to withstand the heavy abuse required with seasonal tours, and it'll certainly shed rainfall and snow once winter rolls around. The lid top access blocks not only wet weather but dust when you hit those long, dusty roads.
Both the panniers also feature Ortlieb's innovative QL2.1 system that lets you mount and release each pannier with a simple pull of a handle. Each pannier automatically locks onto the rack the moment you mount it; it's compatible with 16mm racks, but Ortlieb includes hook inserts to fit 8, 10, and 12mm racks as well. The QL2.1 system also features a semi-elliptical hook at the bottom that you can adjust and rotate to fit your rack so the pannier doesn't bounce as much as regular panniers. Ortlieb also added 3M Scotchlite reflectors to further enhance the visibility needed to ride in low light.
- Pair of large panniers for bike backpacking
- PU-laminated Cordura protects against abrasion and weather
- QL2.1 system eases mounting and releasing off of most racks
- Adjustable, rotating bottom hook reduces abrasion and scratching
- Adjustable shoulder strap with padding can fix to hook
- 3M Scotchlite reflectors on both side for extra visibility