Hang onto your chain.
Before you pack up and hit the road for your weekend bike trip in the mountains, make sure you've got MRP's 1x V3 Alloy Chain Guide mounted onto your frame. In fact, since it can be completely installed using just a 4mm hex wrench, you have no excuse not to do it yourself. Made with durable alloy and designed to accommodate of-the-moment narrow/wide chainrings and one-by setups, the V3 Alloy pairs admirably with clutch-equipped derailleurs. It acts as a physical boundary when you barrel into hand-numbing rock gardens, preventing a dropped chain from interrupting your good time.
- Guide prevents dropped chains from disrupting your flow
- Ideal for one-by setup with clutch-equipped derailleur
- User-friendly design makes for easy installation
- Durable alloy construction is quiet while you ride
- Range of mount options for different rear derailleurs
View more Chain Guides & Bash Guards
Reviews & Community
MRP 1X V3
The 1x guide is the definitive cross-country chainguide. Used on the World Cup circuit and even in the 2012 London Olympics, the 1x has a proven track record of dependability and performance. The 1x is the perfect guide for riders and racers wanting a lightweight single-ring front drivetrain for cross-country use or riders wishing for more security out of their "narrow/wide" or XX1/X01 setups.
Simple and Effective
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I put these on several of my bikes and have't dropped a chain since.