Why We Like The G1 Carbon Disc Wheelset
Bumpy gravel roads, light-duty singletrack, and tours across state lines call for a stout and supportive wheelset that's wide enough for running larger rubber, yet light and snappy when you're hammering up climbs and pedaling across miles of countryside. Designed for this very purpose, the Mercury G1 Carbon Disc Wheelset offers a superb balance of rolling efficiency, proven strength, and high-volume support for gravel exploration, bikepacking adventures, and long-distance tours.
Sitting at a whopping 30-millimeters across (external width), the G1 Carbon Disc Wheelset supports higher volume tires in the neighborhood of 35 to 40-millimeters across, give or take a few millimeters for your riding preferences. Tubeless-ready rims allow you to drop the pressure of wider tires, in turn lending a smooth and supple sensation across rough roads and gravel surfaces. Ultimately, this means you'll conserve energy without the fatiguing feel of jarring bumps and excess vibration you've become accustomed to with gravel road exploration.
- Stout and supportive hoops for gravel exploration
- Carbon construction maximizes stiffness and strength
- 30mm rim width for running larger tires of 35 to 40mm
- Tubeless-ready for gaining traction and bump compliance
- Mercury hubs sourced from mountain bike wheels ensure longevity
- 24 Sapim double-butted spokes for low weight, reliable strength
- Works with the disc brakes and thru-axles of modern gravel rigs
- Converts to SRAM XD with Mercury's XD freehub body
- Item #MCW000S
4.5 based on 44 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.