Designed for the long haul.
Bumpy gravel roads, light-duty singletrack, and tours across state lines call for a stout and supportive wheelset that's wide enough for running larger rubber, yet light and snappy when you're hammering up climbs and pedaling across miles of countryside. Designed for this very purpose, the Mercury G1 Carbon Disc Wheelset offers a superb balance of rolling efficiency, proven strength, and high-volume support for gravel exploration, bikepacking adventures, and long-distance tours.
Sitting at a whopping 30-millimeters across (external width), the G1 Carbon Disc Wheelset supports higher volume tires in the neighborhood of 35 to 40-millimeters across, give or take a few millimeters for your riding preferences. Tubeless-ready rims allow you to drop the pressure of wider tires, in turn lending a smooth and supple sensation across rough roads and gravel surfaces. Ultimately, this means you'll conserve energy without the fatiguing feel of jarring bumps and excess vibration you've become accustomed to with gravel road exploration.
Carbon construction maximizes stiffness, meaning you'll feel its snappy acceleration the instant you step on the gas. It's also stronger than its aluminum counterparts, ensuring longevity when you inevitably thrash 'em over jarring roads and unpaved surfaces. The G1 Carbon Disc Wheelset is designed for disc brakes and thru-axles, but is also adaptable to a front quick-release skewer, making it a great choice for a modern gravel world where no "standard" is ever really standard. Plus, its disc brake-compatibility means you won't have to worry about the loss in braking composure normally associated with a carbon road wheelset.
- Stout and supportive hoops for gravel exploration
- Carbon construction maximizes stiffness and strength
- 30mm rim width for running larger tires of 35 to 40mm
- Tubeless-ready for gaining traction and bump compliance
- Mercury hubs sourced from mountain bike wheels ensure longevity
- 24 Sapim double-butted spokes for low weight, reliable strength
- Works with the disc brakes and thru-axles of modern gravel rigs
- Converts to SRAM XD with Mercury's XD freehub body