X12-TI Nitride Gold Chain
KMC makes chains for all aspects of cycling that are known for reliability, smooth shifting performance, and quick installation via the Missing Link system. With the visually-stunning X12-TI Nitride Gold Chain they've made their foray into the realm of 12-speed to accommodate the growing market of wide range mountain bike drivetrains. This chain is alluring, there's no doubt about that, but it's not just about looks. The Ti-Nitride gold coating actually reduces friction and improves durability by shedding mud, water, and grit more easily due to its mildy hydrophobic nature, while also yielding corrosion-resistant properties.
As for the construction itself, KMC employs a double X-bridge shape with inner and outer plate chamfering to deliver smooth and fast shifting across the entire cassette. The plates are held together by mushroom riveted pins that maximize pin strength and allow precise shifting under heavy loads. The chain is compatible with SRAM 12-speed mountain drivetrains and is non-directional, so you don't have to worry about which direction the chain or master link is facing during installation.
- 12-speed chain for smooth, precise shifting and long wear life
- Ti-Nitride coating reduces friction and improves durability
- X-bridge with inner & outer chamfering offers smooth, fast shifting
- Mushroom riveted pins allow precise shifting under heavy loads
- Missing Link master link allows simple installation and adjustments
- Compatible with SRAM 12-speed mountain drivetrains
- Item #KMC000K
- [coating] Ti-Nitride
- KMC Missing Link
- Compatible Components
- SRAM Eagle 12-speed drivetrains
- Claimed Weight
- 10.7oz (304g)
2 based on 1 ratings
Fits SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
September 7, 2022
- I returned this product before using it
Chain looks awesome but it is not compatible with Sram Drivetrain, at least not with GX Crankset.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help