Why We Like The A35 Stem
We've been riding and admiring Industry Nine's high-end wheels for years, so when we saw that they released a mountain bike stem with the same striking anodized colorways as their hubs, we were excited to say the least. We're happy to present the A35 Stem, named after the A-axis in I9's five-axis CNC machining centers. And like their revered hubs, the A35 Stem performs as good as it looks. Industry Nine designed it to be as stiff as possible while still coming in at a competitive weight, all while upholding their rigorous manufacturing and testing standards. They even went so far as to build an in-house stem and handlebar testing unit and design a testing protocol that exceeds the ISO standard for stems, demonstrating their commitment to quality.
The A35 Stem is machined, anodized, and assembled entirely in-house at I9's Asheville, North Carolina manufacturing facility. It's made from a solid billet of high-grade 7075 aluminum which offers superior strength to the 6061 aluminum more commonly found on mountain bike stems. The bolts are high-strength stainless steel to match the integrity of the stem. It's available in 11 anodized colors, and four different lengths ranging from a stubby 32mm all the way up to 60mm. It's designed to fit 35mm diameter handlebars, which seems to be the standard most handlebar companies are going with for aggressive all-mountain riding.
- I9's exceptionally strong & strikingly beautiful MTB stem
- Manufactured in-house in Asheville, North Carolina
- Machined from a billet of high-grade 7075 aluminum
- Strength tested well beyond ISO standards for MTB stems
- Uses custom high-strength stainless steel bolts
- Available in 11 anodized colors and 4 different lengths
- Item #NIN003G
- [stem] 7075 aluminum, [bolts] 316 stainless steel
- 32mm, 40mm, 50mm, 60mm
- [32mm] +/- 9-degree, [40mm] +/- 8-degree, [50mm] +/- 7-degree, [60mm] +/- 6-degree
- Clamp Diameter
- Steer Tube Diameter
- [32mm] 42mm, [40 - 60mm] 40mm
- Bar Attachment
- 4-bolt aluminum faceplate with 180-degree wrap
- Claimed Weight
- [32mm] 4.5oz (128g), [40mm] 4.8oz (135g), [50mm] 5.3oz (150g), [60mm] 5.8oz (165g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
5 based on 3 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
December 4, 2022
It's VERY pink
- I've used it several times
Look, it's a stem, there's not a lot going on here. My handlebar has remained attached to my steerer, it's reasonably light for the category, and it's made in the USA. The important part is that the color is every bit as vibrant as the pictures. No washed out or faded anodizing here.
April 16, 2022
Good quality bling
- I've used it several times
Nice out of the box fit and finish. Lighter than stock. Nice rise or drop feature. Stainless steel bolts-it's really humid in Louisiana so it's a nice feature. Bling. Not zero gap, but it's not a huge issue.
August 16, 2020
Stiff and short
- I've put it through the wringer
Great stem, went short and really livened up the steering. Made in the USA, quality product!
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help