1/1 Enduro S 29in Boost Wheelset
Style & Size:
Why We Like The 101 Enduro S 29in Boost Wheelset
Its easy to spend weeks if not months conjuring up a dream wheelset that never fits the bank account — we certainly have done so ourselves. Snappy hubs, burly rims that don't flex under pressure, and lets face it, aesthetics matter too, but with high-end wheelsets typically landing in the 4-digit price range it can be hard to bring these things into fruition. Thankfully Industry Nine aims to mitigate this with the 101 Enduro S 29in Boost Wheelset. This wheelset manages to tick all of our boxes when it comes to ride quality, engagement, and pocket friendliness, and with the I9 name placed on them, we know we can trust that they'll be as durable as they are sleek.
The wheels are built on I9's new 101 hub, which takes some queues from the Torch and Hydra, but goes in a more economical direction that sheds teeth, and offers 4-degrees of engagement. They're laced up to I9's beefy Enduro S rim, providing a solid platform to tackle black diamond runs and all-day epics in the backcountry. And since they're constructed with 28 J-bend steel spokes instead of the aluminum found on the 305's, you can enjoy them at a more approachable price that leaves you with extra cash for other upgrades, or even a few race entry fees.
- I9's new hard-hitting hoops that won't break the bank
- 4-degree engagement is quick to respond to input
- Enduro S rims are built to handle rugged terrain
- J-bend steel spokes offer cost-saving durability
- 30.5mm internal width is ideal for 2.3 - 2.8in tires
- Made in-house at I9's Asheville, North Carolina facility
- Hubs are fully serviceable without any proprietary tools
- Item #NIN0047