Ripmo AF Mountain Bike Frame
Why We Like The Ibis Ripmo AF Mountain Bike Frame
Whether we're looking to build a do-it-all trail bike or a highly capable machine for enduro racing, the Ibis Ripmo AF frame is the perfect starting point for our next build. The balanced geometry is paired with 147mm of legendary DW-Link rear travel for unmatched amounts of traction all across the mountain and a supportive pedaling platform so that climbs don't feel like a chore. The engineers at Ibis designed the Ripmo AF's geometry around 29-inch wheels and a 44-millimeter offset fork with a slack 64.9-degree headtube angle to create a planted and steady ride feel no matter how fast we push it or how gnarly the terrain gets. The steep 76-degree seat tube angle shifts our weight forward and places us in a position to put the power down to get back up the hill as fast as possible.
The impressively capable DW-Link suspension is bolstered by a Marzocchi Bomber Air shock not only to help soak up massive drops but also soak up trail chatter and provide pop for getting a little rowdy on our after-work loop. And thanks to the Ripmo AF's progressive leverage rate, we can swap in a coil shock if we want to take it to the next level. Every size has room for a water bottle in the front triangle and is built to handle up to 2.6-inch wide tires giving us the freedom to tune our traction to our riding style or the terrain. And thanks to the Ripmo AF's low standover height, we're free to choose our size based on how we want our ride to feel rather than our inseam. For our next do-it-all trail ripper, the Ibis Ripmo AF Mountain Bike Frame is ready to get rowdy.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Aluminum Ripmo frame built for hard chargers and heavy hitters
- Alloy frame is wallet-friendly and built for a lifetime of riding
- 147mm of DW-Link rear travel delivers traction on the up and down
- 76° seat tube angle delivers efficient pedaling and climbing
- Built around a 44mm offset fork for highly capable handling
- Marzocchi Bomber Air shock easily eats up big hits and rock gardens
- Designed around 29in wheels for impressive rollover ability
- Progressive leverage rate helps us ride out big drops and bombholes
- Item #IBSB0AR