Windstopper Base Layer Sleeveless Shirt
The Gore Wear Women's Windstopper Base Layer provides a wind-blocking presence when chilly breezes force you to toss on an extra layer before heading out the door. It's designed to fit closely, so it'll effortlessly layer underneath your favorite cycling jersey, but without sacrificing your range of motion on the bike, as it has strategically placed stretch panels. It's a great addition to your apparel for shoulder season road and trail rides, also working great for trail runners.
The Gore WindStopper membrane is mapped along areas susceptible to being chilled by cold air, such as the shoulders, kidney, and chest. This membrane is fully windproof, yet it remains highly breathable, so you won't overheat or sweat excessively while pushing yourself at a fast pace. Minimized seams prevent irritation and scratchiness from occurring, especially seeing it'll be sitting directly against your skin. Additionally, you'll find it has a dropped rear hem for additional coverage and protection in foul weather.
- Wind-blocking base layer for road and trail riders
- Gore WindStopper placed at the front, kidneys, and shoulders
- WindStopper acts as a windproof barrier, remains breathable
- Sits close to the body, so you can layer it under a jersey
- Strategic stretch panels allow for full range of motion
- Minimized seams prevent scratchiness against your skin
- Item #GWR0030
- [front, shoulders, kidney inserts] GORE WindStopper membrane, [main fabric] polyester, [stretch panels] 88% polypropylene, 8% elastane, 4% nylon
- sleeveless baselayer
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, road cycling, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 6 months
4.5 based on 2 ratings
Fits Slightly SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
October 23, 2020
Fabulously engineered product
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
- 5' 7"
This is a really thoughtful and workable design. You are hot & sweaty from climbing uphill and now you are whizzing down the other side. The front windstopper fabric prevents you from chilling out, while the mesh back let your body cool during the climb. It fits tight, as it should to wick, but it gives so it is not confining. A great product. I wish I could afford more of them. I am 5' 7" and weigh 140lbs (fairly muscular). I wear a size Med.
May 22, 2020
A bit too tight
- I returned this product before using it
Very high quality. I am 5'5", 132 lb and ordered M. It was tight on me and I do not like shirts so fitted to my body. The back is elastic and gives, it is not constraint. The front is very well insulated, the back is see through mesh and ventilated. Looks very good. I will return it though because of the fit
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help