Rincon Cycling Shoe
Giro inspires performance out of every shoe in their line-up, and the new, mid-level Rincon is destined to become a favorite for off-road riders who don’t need dual-dials and full-carbon outsoles. In a body and design that is essentially the Sector-lite, the Rincon receives the trickle-down of the Synchwire upper for enhanced strength and reinforced toe and heel cups to protect against harder trail hits. However, differing from the upper-tier Sector is the single BOA L6 dial at the upper collar, compared to dual on the Sector, and a less stiff nylon-composite outsole. While these might seem like sacrifices, the Rincon affords toe box compression with a hook-and-loop strap for manual adjustments. And the nylon sole will still see you powerfully over trail obstacles with ease, without leaving you longing for a higher-priced carbon sole.
The inner compartment of the Rincon supports with a medium arch mold and 3D footbed for excellent fatigue resistance for a long day on the bike. An Aegis anti-microbial treatment works to fight odor build-up as the Ricon is meant to be an explorer’s go-to shoe for creek crossings and long alpine climbs in the summer heat. And the durable rubber sole provides sure-footing when off the bike and won’t delaminate or splinter under regular use. The Ricon is compatible with 2-bolt cleats and toe spikes for extra muddy adventures.
- Create your own narrative with this versatile off-road shoe
- Budget-friendly with elite performance characteristics
- Nylon-composite and rubber outsole of off-road stability
- Synchwire mesh upper for strength and breathability
- Anti-microbial Aegis treatment encourages marathon distances and creek crossings
- BOA dial for 1mm incremental support and standard strap for toe box compression