Quarter MIPS Helmet
Giro's lowest profile helmet is now available with more protection than ever for your most thrilling rides. Take the Quarter MIPS Helmet to the trails for affordable protection, without added bulk. MIPS, or Multi Directional Impact Protection System, refers to the Swedish technology that can be added to helmets in the form of a thin inner layer that rotates slightly upon impact to absorb the brain-damaging rotational energy created in certain crashes. Less rotation, less likelihood of a hurting yourself.
As an extra, Giro made the decision to add a polyurethane coating around the outside of the EPS liner to give the foam some protection in the areas where it's most likely to be damaged during bumps and scrapes. The included Fit Kit foam pads are removable so you can get a customized fit, and they can even be washed, if you're so inclined. Eight vents keep the Quarter breathable, and rather than use their universal shell size, Giro makes the Quarter in three Super Fit sizes to make sure you're getting the right fit.
- Protection for the trails is now lightweight and affordable
- Three layers of impact-absorbing materials work towards safety
- Removable Fit Kit pads help to get a customized fit
- Venting keeps air moving overhead on warm rides
- Giro makes "the gear that gets you there"
- Ages 5 and older
- Item #GIR00AB
- Full Face
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older
- Fit Adjustment
- Fit Kit pad system
- 8 vents
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
- Shell Material
- ABS plastic