We often associate certain colors with things in cycling. Yeti has its turquoise, and if you get a Bianchi, it should always be celeste. When we think of the Kazakh Team Astana it's hard not to immediately get a mental image of the light blue and gold trim jerseys that represent the sun and sky and the colors of Kazakhstan's national flag. It's fitting as the team is heavily sponsored by its national government and rose to prominence under that country's star rider Alexander Vinokourov. The current squad is much more international and deep in talent, always a threat in stage races and in the classics and the team pins their numbers on Giordana FR-C Pro Astana Team Jersey while campaigning its World Tour schedule across the globe.
Besides the Astana team livery, the FR-C Pro is the same FormaRed Carbon (FR-C) model that we are always excited to don before a ride with one key difference: the Pro's fabrics are made to be printed on. This is typically quite a difficult process with such technical materials, but pro riders demand high-performance kits and you have to keep the sponsors happy as well. Giordana was up to the task, and the result is a printable jersey that's built for the pros that you can now add to your wardrobe.
- The Astana version of Giordana's venerable FormaRed Carbon jersey
- 16-panel race design reduces material for a flap-free riding
- Paneling promotes stretch to maintain a low-profile fit
- Supportive rear panel stabilizes loaded pockets
- Light elastic keeps waistband and cuffs in place
- Collar lies flat while you're stretched out to the bars
- Ride essentials secured by a lip and a fourth, zippered pocket
- Reflective tabs help keep you visible on early morning or twilight rides