We can remember a time when running a carbon mountain handlebar was a risky proposition, but thanks to companies like ENVE Composites and its world-class carbon construction techniques, we don't even give it a second thought anymore. The firm has recently updated its mountain bar offerings and gave it a naming structure that coincides with its wheel models so you know exactly the type of bike and kind of riding the bars are designed for. As you can probably guess, the M9 Handlebar is its latest downhill offering providing a lightweight design with tuned flex helping the world's fastest athletes stay in control on the most demanding tracks.
The M9 is the widest bar in ENVE's lineup and comes in two rises, 30 and 50mm, so you can dial in the perfect bar height for your terrain and riding style. All ENVE mountain bars are constructed from a careful layup of carbon fibers, laminates, and resins that give them its strength and the desired ride quality. You might have noticed that ENVE stayed with a 31.8mm clamp with the M9 whereas the M7 jumped up to 35mm. The short answer is that ENVE was able to achieve the safety and strength numbers it needed with the 31.8 clamp and it better provided the flex profile it was after for DH use. So important is this ride feel that ENVE recommends not cutting this bar less than 780mm wide so it retains the desired characteristics. As with all ENVE product, there's no weight restriction placed on these bars and ENVE backs it up with a 5 year warranty. Ride with more comfort and control with the M9 bars.
Both rise versions of the M9's come in 810mm width and with 8-degrees of backsweep and 4-degrees of upsweep.
- A DH riser bar for racing and aggressive trail use
- Two rises let you fine-tune handlebar height for more control
- Back and up sweep optimized for an attack position
- Carbon fiber construction is lightweight and durable
- Specific carbon layup yields a tuned flex profile
- 810mm width pairs well with a long reach and short stems
- Lifetime incident protection covers mishaps on or off the bike
- Item #ENV005Y
- 30, 50mm
- [back] 8-degrees, [up] 4-degrees
- sticker kit
- Claimed Weight
- [30mm rise] 8.6oz (245g), [50mm rise] 9.3oz (265g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 5 years, lifetime incident protection