The silver ticket.
There are certain staples that every cyclist needs in their garage. These include spare tubes, piles of hex wrenches, a bottle or two of sealant for the tubeless folks, brushes, hammers, wrenches, and of course, a solid bike pump. Now there are options up to our ears when it comes to floor pumps, many boasting different perks. Some are light weight, others high volume, and some can achieve pressures that could burst an ear drum with a puncture. But then there are the versatile options like the Crank Brothers Sterling Floor Pump.
The Sterling Floor Pump is made from lightweight aluminum, including the base, and features a long hose for inflating from a distance— but our favorite part about the Sterling Pump isn't what it's made of, it's what it can do. It flips back and forth between a high-volume and a high-pressure pump with an easy to actuate foot-switch, so riders with versatile quivers always get their needs met. Using a smart valve, the pump also can swap back and forth between Presta and Schrader without any work from you, and it hides both a needle adapter and a plastic adapter, so you can get your basketball ready for a quick pick up game.
- A lightweight pump with high-pressure-and-volume
- A foot-actuated switch allows you to swap between modes
- High pressure mode achieves up to 160-psi for road tires
- Use the high-volume mode for MTB hoops and tubeless setups
- Smart Valve is Presta and Schrader compatible
- Fully alloy construction sheds weight and fights rust