Why We Like The Egg Beater 11 Pedals
The kitchen-utensil inspiration behind Crank Brother's mud-clearing pedal design knows no finer expression than the Eggbeater 11 Pedals. With the exception of the stainless steel spring, every bit of steel on the other Eggbeaters — body, spindle, and wing — is replaced with cycling's lightweight wonder metal, titanium.
Thanks to the four-sided entry of the Eggbeater 11, it's incredibly easy to get in and out of the pedals. The Eggbeater wing facilitates this operation by rotating under pressure to quickly and smoothly engage the cleat. Despite the Eggbeater 11's low weight and ease of use, the platform's real strength is the lack of a, well, a platform. The pedal's open design leaves nowhere for muck to grab onto, so that clip-in action is just as easy in muddy conditions as it is dry.
The included brass cleats recess flush with the tread on the bottom of your shoes for easy walking, and they're designed for two release angles (15 or 20 degrees) depending on which cleat you bolt to which shoe. Crank Brothers recommends the 15-degree setting if you're new to clipless, but going for the gusto with the 20-degree configuration will allow more body english on the bike without the worry of an accidental release.
Needle and cartridge bearings keep the Eggbeater 11 Pedals spinning smoothly and represent a marked improvement compared to the bushings used on OG Eggbeaters. When the time does come for an overhaul, you can take solace in the fact that nobody else's pedals are as easy to service as Crank Brothers'. The pedals include protective shims and all the hardware required for installation.
Please Note: Crankbrothers recommends a 200lb (90kg) rider weight limit for the Eggbeater 11 Pedals.
- One of the lightest clipless pedals on the market
- Ultra-light yet strong titanium construction
- 4-sided entry means you'll rarely miss a clip in
- Design allows for superior mud-shedding capability
- Customizable float and release angle (may require different cleats)
- Premium bearings for super smooth spinning
- Double sealed system for long term reliability
- Includes premium brass cleats with shims
- Item #CRN001U
- [spindle, body, & wing] 6al/4v titanium, [spring] 300 series stainless steel
- Entry / Release
- 15 / 20°
- Spindle Diameter
- 2 pedals, 2 cleats, shims and hardware
- Claimed Weight
- [pair] 6.3oz (179g)
- cross-country, trail, gravel, cyclocross
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years