Cross King Tire
You've scrutinized every last detail on your feathery-light 29er for an upcoming XC race, so you can hopefully land atop the podium. Give yourself an advantage in rolling speed, but without compromising much in the way of grip on smooth-buffed courses with the Continental Cross King 29in Tire.
This fast-rolling tire is primarily intended for cross-country riding and racing scenarios, yet it's also a great choice for many trail riders seeking a rear tire that's quick to accelerate out of corners and rolls with minimal resistance over smoother terrain. In these trail riding scenarios, many riders choose to pair a Cross King tire in the rear with a burlier Mountain or Trail King up front for a bit more traction and support across the rough stuff.
The Cross King enjoys the tacky grip and minimal rolling resistance afforded by its BlackChili compound, which balances high levels of traction with fast-rolling speed—making it an ideal compound for cross-country racing and trail usage as a rear tire. It's reinforced from slits and punctures with Continental's Protection layer, giving you peace of mind while riding hard and fast across rugged terrain, such as rocks and roots. Additionally, it's tubeless-ready, so you can significantly lower tire pressures to gain higher levels of traction and bump-smoothing support.
- Fast-rolling tire for cross-country riding and racing
- Works well as a rear tire for many trail riding scenarios
- Small block tread rolls fast and grips over smooth trails
- BlackChili compound for tacky grip, low rolling resistance
- Protection layer prevents punctures and slits on the trail
- Tubeless-ready for self-sealing reassurance
- Handmade in Germany with exceptional quality
- Item #CON004Y
- 29 x 2.2in, 29 x 2.3in
- tubeless-ready clincher
- 4 plies/240 tpi
- Claimed Weight
- [29 x 2.2in] 1lb 6.6oz (640g), [29 x 2.3in] 1lb 10.3oz (745g)
- Manufacturer Warranty