40 IS42/28.6 Top Assembly Headset
Replace that worn out, tired headset or start a new road or mountain build off the right way with the 40 IS42/28.6 Top Assembly Headset from Cane Creek. This upper headset features the innovative Clip-Seal that shields the bearings from contamination while capturing the compression ring. It uses black oxide sealed bearings for longevity and is cross-compatible with 40 and 110-series headset parts. Cane Creek's 40 IS42 upper assembly comes in the color black and fits 28.6mm, otherwise known as 1-1/8-inch steerer tubes and you have a choice between a tall 15mm or short, 9mm stack height.
Please note that this is an upper assembly only, you will still need an appropriate bottom assembly for your frame. Also this headset comes with a star fangled nut for use in a steel or aluminum steerer tube. If your fork has a carbon steerer, please use the compression plug that came with your fork or purchase one separately.
- An upper headset assembly for IS42 frames
- Black oxide coated bearings resist corrosion
- Tall (15mm) and short (9mm) top bearing covers dial in the fit
- Durable covers and crown races ensure longevity
- Item #CNE001I
- [cover] 6061 T-6 Aluminum, [bearings] black oxide steel, [crown race] steel
- Steer Tube Diameter
- Cup Type
- Compatible Components
- 40 and 110-series headsets
- Recommended Use
- road, gravel, mountain, cross, tri, TT,
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help