Chorus 12 Cassette
Its not often that we see the not-so-high level groupset gaining technology that's skipped over throughout the pricier gruppos, but the Campagnolo Chorus 12 Cassette opts to up the gear ranges further than its siblings, showing its true work-horse capabilities through larger cassette options than the rest. It still packs in the same Ultra Shift platform as the Record and Super Record cassettes you see gracing the classics and tours with every ounce of technology trickled directly into the Chorus. The legendary cog tooth synchronization, shaping, and spacing — they're all here. The only difference is that Super Record incorporates six titanium cogs in their cassettes, which drop grams (44-grams to be precise), but this comes at a cost in more than one department. Firstly, the price tag jumps up a few notches, and secondly, while we covet titanium for its lightweight properties, it doesn't carry the same durability as nickle-plated steel, giving the Super Record a shorter lifespan for those who ride long, grueling miles, and occasionally shift under load.
The Chorus cassette offers the same 11 - 29t and 11 - 32t cassette options that you'll find on the Super Record 12-speed cassettes, but carried further to offer an 11 - 34t cassette option as well. While the 11-29 and 11-32t cassettes are both cross-compatible with 12-speed Record and Super Record groupsets, please take note that you won't be able to run the 11 - 34t Chorus cassette with either Record or Super Record drivetrains, as it is exclusively compatible with the Choris 12-speed groupset. This loftier cassette offers cyclists who often spin up impossibly steep hills some much needed respite from the grind, and an increase in versatility through varied terrain.
- Campagnolo's Chorus sings in 12-speeds with this lofty cassette
- Stiff nickle-chrome plated steel cogs provide long lasting durability
- Aluminum spider on six largest cogs increases stiffness
- Special coating and tooth profile boosts shifting precision
- Individual cogs utilize the same spacers for simple instillation
- 11-29 and 11-32t options are compatible with Record and Super Record 12-speed
- 11-34t option is exclusively Chorus compatible, adds extra gearing for increased versatility