Uma GT Spring/Fall Jacket
Culturally speaking, Switzerland is known for its neutral status, raclette, and fine chocolate, but in the cycling world, when we think about Switzerland we think of towering alpine climbs that weave through quaint villages, descents that offer staggering views of lakes and mountains, and some of the world's most coveted cycling clothing. And with such a variation in elevation, and terrain — and a keen eye for detail and fine fabrics, its no surprise to us that Assos of Switzerland is the highlight of so many cyclists' wardrobes, and pieces like the Uma GT Spring/Fall Jacket make that clear. It's built to offer you transitional support in the shoulder seasons, with three-layer softshell creating a powerful barrier against the elements that batter you when you ride through foul weather, and breathable fabric on the back to help you stay comfortable and cool up trying climbs.
The Uma GT Spring/Fall jacket begins construction with Assos' NEOS MILD fabric on the front, which utilizes three layer softshell that stretches and moves with you, and a bonded polyurethane membrane for added protection against showers and wheelspray. In back Assos utilizes Type.157 Stripe Tex fabric, which may have a name straight out of a science fiction flick, but offers total breathability and UV protection to help prevent overheating while you work your way up long and trying ascents. Since your arms also see a lot of action in the weather department, but require a little more mobility than your core, Assos employs RX, a bi-stretch lightly insulated fabric, on the sleeves, keeping your freedom of motion a priority, all the while adding an extra hit of warmth.
Elite fabrics aside, Assos wouldn't be Assos without extreme detail being put into the fit. The UMA line offers a regular fit, which does provide more space than the racier cuts, but still sits in the form-fitting category, with a slender cut that won't flap in the wind, and has just enough space for a slim jersey or baselayer underneath. The jacket is finished off with three deep back pockets with flexible fabric panels that secure your gear in place, and reflective accents placed on either side of the pocket slots to elevate your visibility on dimly lit roads, and early morning starts.
- A shoulder-season staple that sleekly spins through fall and spring
- Assos uses top-tier fabrics and fit technology for cycling performance
- NEOS MILD 3L softshell fights the wind and rain while breathing well
- Lightweight fabric at back elevates breathability, sun protection
- RX bi-stretch sleeves trap in heat and don't limit mobility
- Regular fit offers more space than race, still tapers to your form
- Stash your riding essentials securely in three deep back pockets
- Stay seen when the lighting gets low thanks to carefully placed reflective accents
- Item #AAS00CA
- [front panel] NEOS MILD (3L softshell, polyurethane bonded membrane), [back panel] Type.157 Stripe Tex, [arms] RX
- fall, spring
- Center Back Length
- [medium] 25in
- 3 back
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 8oz
- Manufacturer Warranty