Socks for the seasons.
The aqua blue of the socks signals that something is different about these base layers for your feet. There's plenty different, in fact. Rather than use wool, a wool blend, or a dense polyester knit, Assos utilizes their RX and RXQ fabrics to make the fuguSpeer Socks. They even add protection with a windproof layer over the toes.
If you're familiar with Assos' winter clothing, you'll know RX and RXQ. RX is a stretch fleece fabric they've been using in warmers, jerseys, and tights for some time. RXQ is a thinner, stretchier, channeled version of the RX. It is great for places where less density is called for and flexing necessitates a material with greater stretch. This is why the RX is used for most of the sock and RXQ is used in front of the ankle and up the shin. The mix makes for greater comfort. Both fabrics wick moisture readily and should help when you wear these socks under shoes and booties on cold days. This is exactly how Assos expects you'll use the fuguSpeers.
- Windproof base layers to keep your feet toasty
- RX and RXQ stretch fleece traps in the warmth
- Thin, stretchy fabric wicks away sweat, keeps wind at bay
- Ideal for layering under socks on cold winter rides
- Crew-length cuff offers coverage you need when wintry storms are out the door