SRAM Oval Direct Mount Traction Chainring
Round chainrings are standard because, well, they're standard, but they don't actually match the changing power output of your legs through a pedal stroke. Absolute Black's SRAM Oval Chainring's oblong shape makes pedaling easier in hard spots and steadier in easy spots, so you can keep a constant and smooth cadence without having to deal with dead up-strokes and leg-crushing down-strokes. This makes it easier to nail down the highly efficient circular pedaling motion that's we're all after, and improves traction by eliminating the wheel slip that happens during hard down-strokes on loose terrain.
If you're going to make a killer chainring, you might as well pull out all the stops, so Absolute Black also machined this aluminum-alloy beauty with a narrow-wide tooth profile and 3D design that improves chain retention, sheds mud, and reduces wear and noise. It also engineered the Oval to mount directly to almost all SRAM cranksets, so you can eliminate the extra weight of a spider, which will be a boon to your quads when you're hammering up steep dirt and across fast sections of rolling singletrack.
Run the 0mm offset models with short spindle BB30 cranks and the 6mm offset with the standard BB30 spindle. The easiest way to identify which spindle you have is by checking the width of the spacer between the chainring and the bottom bracket shell. The short spindle has a 9mm spacer while the long or standard spindle has a 15mm spacer.
- Oval chainring for SRAM direct-mount mountain cranksets
- Oval shape optimizes your pedal stroke and boosts traction
- Narrow-wide tooth profile provides excellent chain retention
- Machined from high-grade aluminum for high strength-to-weight
- 3D teeth machining sheds med and decreases wear
- Works with 10, 11, and 12-speed drivetrains
- For BB30 cranksets choose 0mm offset for short spindle, 6mm offset for standard spindle
- Item #ABC0003
- CNC-machined 7075 anodized aluminum
- 26t, 28t, 30t, 32t, 34t
- Compatible Components
- SRAM XX1, SRAM X01, SRAM X1-1400, SRAM GX-1400, SRAM X0, SRAM X9, SRAM X7, SRAM S2210, SRAM S-1400, Truvativ AKA GXP
- Claimed Weight
- [32t] 2.1oz (60g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help