Shimano Oval Traction Chainring
Designed to pair with your Shimano XT or XTR crankset, the Shimano Oval Traction Chainring brings claims of improved rear wheel traction resulting from a more consistent pedal stroke. Absolute Black claims that this oval profile maximizes power transfer and smooths the rotation by reducing dead spots and capitalizing on the sweet spots compared to standard round rings. Each chainring size features its own unique oval profile, but the mud-clearing and chain-retaining narrow-wide tooth profile is universal across sizes.
- Oval chainrings for Shimano XT and XTR cranksets
- Unique shape increases pedal efficiency and traction
- Lightweight and durable aluminum construction
- Narrow-wide tooth profiles improve chain retention
- Item #ABC000A
- CNC machined 7075 aluminum
- 30t, 32t, 34t, 36t
- Bolt Circle Diameter
- 4-bolt, M8 regular "double" bolts
- Compatible Components
- Shimano M8000 XT, Shimano M9000 XTR
- Claimed Weight
- [30t] 1.5oz (44g), [32t] 1.8oz (50g), [34t] 2.1oz (60g), [36t] 2.4oz (69g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
5 based on 2 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
December 2, 2021
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- 5' 11"
This thing really works. 95% of the time I don't even notice it and I've only used it a few times. On steep climbs it really shines. Feels similar to being more fit and more control on loose conditions.
August 12, 2020
Fixed the problem
- I've used it several times
I've always had issues with my drive train. This Chainring seems to be doing the trick! Highly recommend.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help