For Heaney-esque days.
Regardless of whether on a soggy gravel road or a muck-riddled 'cross course that's more reminiscent of Heaney poem than a sporting competition, TRP's Spyre SLC Mechanical Disc Brake Caliper has proven its merit. The bite is positive and the modulation is generous, giving you just the amount of speed-scrubbing control you need to ensure you don't overcook a corner and end up in the brush.
Compared to the standard Spyre, the Spyre SLC's incorporation of a carbon actuation lever trims a bit of weight and actually makes for more responsive braking. The Spyre SLC's even braking is no doubt helped by its dual-side actuation, which lets both pads squeeze instead of leaving one fixed. Less pad wear, less rotor wear, less potential for warping—the benefits of dual-sided actuation are legion.
- Mechanical disc brakes for most drop bar levers
- Carbon actuation arm sheds grams and boosts stopping
- Dual-sided actuation reduces wear on pads and rotors
- Barrel adjuster allows for tool-free, road-side tuning
- To eliminate sponginess, we recommend compression-free cable housing