Barzo G2.0 XC-Trail Tire
The Barzo G2.0 XC-Trail Tire from Vittoria is built with an aggressive tread pattern for impressive traction on the most technical cross country courses and for trail riding. The knobs use a square profile for better stability and durability and receive progressive sipe angle patterning to increase cornering grip.
This particular version of the Barzo is built using Vittoria's XC Trial casing with a 120TPI nylon casing and a reinforced sidewall for added protection on rocky trails and a tubeless-ready folding Aramid bead. Vittoria owns the only extruder in the world that allows for 4 compounds in a single tread which it then fortifies with Graphene 2.0.
This allows Vittoria to fine-tune the flex of the tread-base and tread-surface separately, placing the correct durometer Graphene 2.0 compound exactly where it is needed for maximum cornering, climbing, rolling, and braking performance. Additionally, durability and puncture protection is also improved, as the base compound resists punctures, and provides a more stable base for the tread.
- An aggressive XC tire for technical terrain
- Built with a 120TPI nylon casing for light weight and durability
- Progressive sipe angle pattern increases cornering grip
- Square knobs profile increases stability and durability
- Fortified with Graphane 2.0 which improves wet weather grip
- 4 compounds in the tread balance grip, rolling resistance, and longevity
- Item #VIT004C
- 4C Graphane 2.0
- 27.5 x 2.1in, 27.5 x 2.25in, 27.5 x 2.35in, 27.5 x 2.6in
- Folding Aramid
- Claimed Weight
- [27.5 x 2.1in] 1lb 7.6oz (670g), [27.5 x 2.25in] 1lb 8oz (680g), [27.5 x 2.35in] 1lb 8.7oz (700g), [27.5 x 2.6in] 1lb 12.4oz (805g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
4.5 based on 2 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
September 28, 2023
Better Rear than Front Tire
- I've used it several times
These are comparable to Continental X-Kings with respect to weight, purpose and knob placement and spacing. I initially ran these up front paired with a Mezcal III in back but immediately found myself missing the predictability of my previous front, a Continental Hans Dampf. So I moved the Barzo to the rear on a different bike and found it to be a fast, reliable roller. Despite the product sheet stating that Graphene 2.0 offers improved wet weather grip, Barzos are best suited for dry conditions. Those wanting to ride in the slop would do well to consider Motas or Mazzas, instead.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
February 8, 2022
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought:
- 29x 2.35
- 5' 8"
I love these tires, I tried them back to back with the Bontrager XR2s and the Barzos are hands down better.. They feel much more planted and stable.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help