Why We Like The Force eTap AXS Shift/Brake System
With the Force eTap AXS Shift/Brake System we say goodbye to traditional cable and housing and enjoy the reduced maintenance and improved performance afforded by wireless electronic shifting as well as the power of hydraulic disc brakes. Additionally, the shifters integrate with SRAM's easy-to-use AXS app for customized personalization, current battery status, firmware updates, and more.
Intuitive and consistent upshifts and downshifts come courtesy of the familiar shift logic we've come to appreciate since the original Red eTap launch. The right lever is a harder gear, the left lever is easier, and both levers shift the front derailleur on a 2x setup. The textured shift paddles and ergonomic hoods offer exceptional control and comfort and offer tactical feedback with thick, winter gloves or bare hands alike. Each shifter has a port for optional Blips, allowing us to add remote shifters for climbing or sprinting.
Braking duties are handled from the much-lauded HydroHC platform. Lever personalization continues with its Contact Point Adjustment, which dials in the lever throw or can help balance lever feel, and its separate Reach Adjust for varying hand and finger sizes. And when it comes time for a bleed, SRAM's Bleeding Edge technology makes for easy, clean, and consistent brake bleeds.
- SRAM Force eTap AXS shift/brake levers with flat-mount calipers
- Shifters are AXS app-enabled for easy personalization
- eTap shift logic makes shifting easy and intuitive
- Powerful HydroHC brake platform yields plenty of modulation
- Textured shift paddles and hoods provide more control and comfort
- Contact Point Adjustment and separate Reach Adjust adjust levers to your taste
- One port per side for Blips allows you to run remote shifters
- Bleeding Edge technology provides easy, consistent, and clean bleeds
- Item #SRMD11L
- [brake lever] carbon, [shift lever] plastic
- flat-mount, 2-piston hydraulic disc
- Contact Point, Reach
- SRAM AXS 12-speed, SRAM eTap 11-speed
- 1 brake/shift lever, 1 hose with fittings, 1 caliper
- Claimed Weight
- road cycling, cyclocross, gravel
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years