Onyx MTB Front Boost Hub
Onyx Racing Products came into existence when a young boy from Minnesota became involved in BMX racing. The boy's father, being an expert machinist, ultimately decided that he could design a set of hubs that had faster engagement and far less drag than other options on the market. These benefits are huge when pumping, pedaling, and coasting around a BMX track but they make a big difference on the mountain bike side as well when you're pedaling to gain speed out of a corner, ratcheting up a technical climb, or trying to squeeze every bit of speed you can out of an enduro stage. The Onyx MTB Front Boost Hub is the perfect complement to their patented sprag clutch rear hub, and is an impressive piece of engineering in and of itself.
The Onyx MTB Front Boost Hub is made in the USA, employing a hub shell machined from 7075 aluminum to ensure strength and stiffness. Onyx puts high quality ceramic hybrid bearings in all their hubs, which are lighter, smoother, harder, and withstand friction better than their steel counterparts. Combine these with the ability to adjust the bearing preload via a titanium bolt, and you get a hub with lower rolling resistance and longer bearing life than its competitors. Not only that, but the hubs are easily disassembled and serviced by a home mechanic, and the axles can be swapped to different configurations if you're upgrading bikes but want to keep riding your Onyx hubs.
- A mountain bike front hub that's built to last
- 7075 aluminum hub shell for strength and stiffness
- Ceramic hybrid bearings reduce friction for less rolling resistance
- Adjustable bearing preload extends the bearing life
- Titanium assembly bolts help shed some weight
- Non-contact seals keep out water, mud, and grime
- No special tools needed for disassembly and service
- Made in the USA and backed by a 5-year warranty