Why We Like The Rekon Race Wide Trail EXO/TR Tire
We love a wide tire because we love what it allows us to do on our bikes. With burlier rubber, we're able to take on more variable terrain. And, it's all the better if it's a fast-rolling tire with quick acceleration. That's what we're seeing with Maxxis' Rekon Race Wide Trail EXO/TR. They took the Rekon Race Trail EXO/TR and beefed it up a bit to make it a premier cross country race tire.
It maintains a flexible 120tpi casing, which dampens disturbances from the trail for a smooth ride. Maxxis's Dual Rubber Compound rubber provides a high grip, but it also ensures a long life of your regular wear. EXO sidewall protection resists any punctures from sharp rocks and offers a level of protection than only be expected from the brand that is known for its durability. The Rekon Race Wide rolls at lightning speeds thanks to a semi-slick tread height, which also makes it a superior option for track racing and cross country trails.
- Wide XC race tire for taking on XC trails and hardpack surfaces
- Semi-slick tread height allows tire to roll at lightning speeds
- 29in x 2.4in Wide Tire size for a beefier construction
- 120tpi for smooth rolling over questionable terrain
- EXO sidewall protection resists punctures from rocks and trail obstacles
- Rubber compound increases lifespan and maintains grip