Rekon 3C/EXO/TR Tire
Engineered as a slightly beefier version of its speedy Rekon 3C/EXO/TR Tire, the Rekon is Maxxis' answer to those wanting a fast rolling tire that still has plenty of grip while climbing, braking, and cornering. Designed for technical and aggressive XC trails, this 60tpi version balances puncture, cut, and abrasion resistance with low weight and improved ride quality. Also as a tubeless-ready tire, it receives folding beads, keeping the tire secured to the rim while also dropping grams.
Ensuring you spend more time riding and less time fixing flats is its EXO sidewall protection. EXO is a densely woven fabric that's extremely cut and abrasion-resistant and added to the tire's sidewalls. Maxxis is careful in that the EXO material is lightweight and highly flexible so the performance of the tire remains unaffected. Those riding in exceptionally rocky trails where the chances of sidewall cuts and abrasions are high will certainly appreciate the EXO protection.
Lastly, this particular model gets Maxxis' 3C MaxxTerra compound meaning a hard base layer with medium at the tread and soft on the shoulders. You can expect that this intermediate compound will be softer and offer more traction than 3C MaxxSpeed, yet provide better tread wear and less rolling resistance than MaxxGrip.
- Maxxis' argo XC tire that balances traction and speed
- 3C MaxxTerra compound increases grip while lowering rolling resistance
- 60tpi casing offers puncture protection and a comfy ride
- Wide knobs down the middle provide control under braking
- L-shaped side knobs assure support when carving berms
- EXO protection reduces sidewall cuts