Assegai Wide Trail Dual Compound/EXO/TR 27.5in Tire
Designed for aggressive trail riding in mixed conditions with 30-35mm rims, the Assegai Wide's tall knobs dig deep to find traction in loose dirt and loam, but don't sacrifice the support needed to navigate rocks and hardpack terrain with confidence. The tread pattern also provides a smooth and predictable cornering transition—and the wide body keeps the shoulder knobs on the shoulders, even when mounted on wide rims.
The Dual Compound rubber found on this tire is a bit harder than the 3C version, which ultimately helps the tire last a bit longer and roll a bit faster. This makes it a great option for use as a rear tire, which typically sees more wear and tear than the front.
It's available exclusively in 2.5in Wide Trail casing, which optimizes its tread spacing for aggressive trail riders running wider rims for better traction and cornering control at the absolute limit. Maxxis recommends running this 2.5-inch tire on rim widths of 30 to 35 millimeters, giving you the ability to drastically lower tire pressure to gain benefits of grip and compliance over rugged stretches of trail.
- Aggressively wide mountain bike tire for mixed terrain
- Tall knobs find grip without sacrificing stability
- Tread pattern offers a smooth, predictable cornering transition
- Works well in loose, loose over hard, medium, and wet conditions
- Harder Dual Compound rubber improves durability
- EXO protection fends off sidewall cuts and tears
- Wide Trail design is optimized for rims with 30-35mm internal width
- Item #MXXE01N
- 27.5 x 2.5in
- 50PSI max
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 6.4oz (1090g)
- Recommended Use
- downhill, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help