Trail King Performance Tire
Continental's Trail King Performance Tire is designed for aggressive trail riding and enduro, offering a comfortable, voluminous casing that damps rock gardens and chattery terrain for a bit of extra cushion when things get rough. This is a higher volume tire than the Mountain King, though both use a fairly aggressive tread pattern. The Trail King uses a multitude of mid-sized knobs to provide excellent grip for braking and cornering, whether it's loose and rocky, fast and dry, or a mix of chunk, silt, or even loam. All knobs have prominent siping to expand the surface area under load for improved traction across any trail surface.
Staying in line with other tires in Continental's Performance lineup, the Trail King Performance uses a compound called PureGrip, which is one step below their revered Black Chili compound when it comes to grip and rolling speed, but is claimed to have a longer wear life due to the firmer rubber, and comes with an impressively-low price tag. Despite lacking the heavy-duty Protection layer found on their top-tier tires, the dense 3-layer casing and honeycomb sidewall design do a good job fending off punctures and slices from jagged rocks. And of course, it's tubeless-ready, letting you run lower tire pressure for more traction and smoother damping, along with the reassurance of having self-sealing tubeless sealant inside.
- High-volume tire for aggressive trail and enduro
- Recommended for hardpack, dry, mixed, and loose conditions
- Voluminous casing offers extra damping on rough terrain
- Mid-size knobs with siping offer excellent braking & cornering grip
- PureGrip compound balances grip, rolling speed, & long wear life
- 3-layer construction & honeycomb sidewall add puncture resistance
- Tubeless-ready gives you the peace of mind of a self-sealing setup
- Designed in Germany using Continental's 130+ years of tire expertise
- Item #CON005H
- 27.5 x 2.2in, 27.5 x 2.4in
- [under the tread] 3 plies/180 tpi, [in the sidewall] 2 plies/120 tpi
- 45 - 58
- aramid folding
- Claimed Weight
- [27.5 x 2.2in] 1lb 9.7oz (730g), [27.5 x 2.4in] 1lb 12.7oz (815g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
May 31, 2020
Great tire at phenomenal price
- I've used it several times
Not sure why the other review claim these are poor in performance, just not accurate. These tires perform excellent! I haven?t tested them in wet rock or heavy mud, but everywhere else they performed better than expected. Even when pushed past their limits they remain predictable. I am coming from Maxxis Ardents, an equally awesome tire but at a higher price. With 2.4?s in the front and 2.2?s in the rear they are excellent. Easily set up in my garage with hand tools and a crappy floor pump, first try with Revo sealant. My Scott Genius loves them. Do yourself a favor and buy them when you?re ready for new rubber. The price is unbeatable and they look/feel great.
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help