Trail King Performance Tire
Continental's Trail King Performance Tire is designed for aggressive trail riding and enduro, offering a comfortable, voluminous casing that damps rock gardens and chattery terrain for a bit of extra cushion when things get rough. This is a higher volume tire than the Mountain King, though both use a fairly aggressive tread pattern. The Trail King uses a multitude of mid-sized knobs to provide excellent grip for braking and cornering, whether it's loose and rocky, fast and dry, or a mix of chunk, silt, or even loam. All knobs have prominent siping to expand the surface area under load for improved traction across any trail surface.
Staying in line with other tires in Continental's Performance lineup, the Trail King Performance uses a compound called PureGrip, which is one step below their revered Black Chili compound when it comes to grip and rolling speed, but is claimed to have a longer wear life due to the firmer rubber, and comes with an impressively-low price tag. Despite lacking the heavy-duty Protection layer found on their top-tier tires, the dense 3-layer casing and honeycomb sidewall design do a good job fending off punctures and slices from jagged rocks. And of course, it's tubeless-ready, letting you run lower tire pressure for more traction and smoother damping, along with the reassurance of having self-sealing tubeless sealant inside.
- High-volume tire for aggressive trail and enduro
- Recommended for hardpack, dry, mixed, and loose conditions
- Voluminous casing offers extra damping on rough terrain
- Mid-size knobs with siping offer excellent braking & cornering grip
- PureGrip compound balances grip, rolling speed, & long wear life
- 3-layer construction & honeycomb sidewall add puncture resistance
- Tubeless-ready gives you the peace of mind of a self-sealing setup
- Designed in Germany using Continental's 130+ years of tire expertise