Why We Like The Yeti SB140 T4 XX1 Eagle 29in Mountain Bike
Built to handle technical descents with finesse and leave us with energy for another lap, the SB140 T4 XX1 Eagle 29in Mountain Bike pushes the limits of the mid-travel 29er category. 140mm of Switch Infinity rear travel lets the bike track unbelievably well through rock gardens and maintains rear wheel traction on tricky climbs. Yeti's Switch Infinity V2 linkage is reinforced throughout the suspension system to make the bike feel more planted, and it's easier to maintain too. Sporting 29in wheels, the SB140 carries its momentum over rock steps and off-camber root sections, plus it holds speed through flatter trails as well. The 65.4-degree head tube angle offers stability at speed without subtracting from the bike's nimble steering characteristics for tight switchbacks. With a steep 77.5-degree seat tube angle, the bike has a comfortable climbing position that's totally adventure-ready.
Poised for handling technical terrain and logging miles, this T4 build utilizes Yeti's top-tier TURQ carbon construction for a lightweight feel. SRAM's industry-leading XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain components provide instant gear changes and keep weight down. Fox handles suspension duties with a Factory 36 FIT4 fork up front with 150mm of travel and a three-position lockout for added support on the climbs. Yeti outfits durable XM1700 alloy wheels from DT Swiss on this build which supply bomber durability and help absorb trail vibrations. This build fits the bill for a top-tier quiver of one, or as a capable trail bike to use alongside a downhill or cross-country bike.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Mid-travel trail bike with efficient featherweight components
- 140mm of Switch Infinity rear travel gobbles up bumps
- Fox Factory 36 FIT4 150mm travel fork inspires descending confidence
- Fast-rolling 29in wheels hold their speed over rock ledges and steps
- SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS 12-speed drivetrain provides a wide gear range
- DT Swiss XM1700 alloy wheels have a 30mm internal rim width
- SRAM UDH compatibility makes it easier to find replacement hangers
- Fox Factory Float DPS shock supplies a wide range of adjustments
- Item #YTIR1HB