Why We Like The Yeti SB140 T4 TLR XX1 Eagle AXS 29in Mountain Bike
Whether we're navigating miles of slickrock trail or out for a quick ride on our backyard trails, the SB140 T4 TLR XX1 Eagle AXS 29in Mountain Bike is the perfect tool for the job. 140mm of Switch Infinity rear travel does an incredible job of maintaining rear wheel traction as we scamper up techy climbs and bomb down burly descents. Yeti revised their renowned Switch Infinity link by reinforcing it throughout the system, achieving an optimized ride feel. 29in wheels make quick work of rock ledges and square-edge impacts, plus they hold their momentum over flatter terrain. Thanks to Yeti's Lunch Ride treatment, this SB140 receives a 160mm travel fork, which stretches the head tube to 65 degrees for plenty of stability at speed. The steep 77-degree seat tube angle provides a comfortable climbing position that helps get our weight over the front for an efficient pedaling feel.
This T4 TLR build is dressed to impress, starting with Yeti's ultralight TURQ carbon frame construction that's strong and stiff. The SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain provides lightweight componentry with a wide gear range for racking up lots of miles. Fox handles suspension duties with a Factory 36 GRIP2 fork with 160mm of travel for taking on repetitive hits on sustained descents with ease. We're big fans of the XM1700 alloy wheels from DT Swiss because they're super strong and help quiet down the vibrations from the trail. This SB140 build is an excellent option as a dedicated trail bike for riders who already have an XC or downhill bike, or as a quiver of one.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Mid-travel 29er with top-spec bits and Lunch Ride treatment
- 140mm of Switch Infinity rear travel tracks well through the gnar
- Fox Factory 36 GRIP2 fork with 160mm travel absorbs big hits
- 29in wheels enhance rollover capabilities and roll quickly
- Fox Factory Float X shock offers top-tier performance and adjustments
- SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain provides instant electronic shifting
- Durable DT Swiss XM1700 alloy wheels offer a 30mm internal width
- SRAM UDH compatibility makes finding replacement hangers a cinch
- Item #YTIR1H9