Why We Like The Specialized Premium IS Upper Headset
Engineered to be lightweight, strong, and durable, the Wolf Tooth Premium Upper Headset gives us smooth steering with minimal maintenance. Constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum in Wolf Tooth's Minnesota shop, this headset uses three levels of sealing to protect bearings from the elements and prolong our headset life. It's compatible with Specialized mountain bikes that use an IS42 upper, and includes a star nut as well as the top cap.
Please note that for bikes with carbon steerer tubes, a Wolf Tooth compression plug is required (sold separately). Star nuts pose a risk of damaging carbon steerer tubes.
- High-quality upper headset for Specialized mountain bikes
- Ultralight stem cap with 5mm integrated spacer
- O-ring seal prevents water intrusion around steerer tube
- Custom-molded upper lip seal for additional bearing protection
- Lower headset sold separately
- Fits certain model years of Specialized Stumpjumper, Epic, Enduro, Camber, Fuse, Fatboy, and more (see Wolf Tooth website for full compatibility)
- Item #WFCA026
- 6061-T6 aluminum
- Steer Tube Diameter
- 1 1/8 - 1 1/2in tapered
- Headset Type
- integrated standard
- [bikes] any Specialized bike with an IS42 upper bearing diameter
- 1 upper bearing, 1 top cap, 1 bolt, 1 star nut
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
- mountain biking
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.