Tubo MTB Tube - 29in
Despite weighing over 100g less than standard rubber tubes, the Tubo MTB Tube offers twice the puncture protection, making it a great lightweight alternative to tubeless systems and their messy sealant. Tubolito also claims the packed tube size is cut in half, saving space in your saddle bag or pack if you choose to carry it as a spare.
These claims might seem far-fetched, but Tubolito is able to make the Tubo MTB Tube both lighter and more robust by constructing it from a thermoplastic elastomer called TPU. TPU is well-known in other industries for it's durability and excellent damping characteristics, and laboratory tests have shown that it requires twice as much force to puncture the tube with a test mandrel. It's just as easy to install as a standard butyl tube, but offers lower rolling resistance, and is more environmentally friendly to produce.
- A lighter and stronger alternative to standard butyl rubber tubes
- TPU saves 100g of weight and offers twice the puncture resistance
- Save space in your pack thanks to a smaller packed tube size
- Comes in two sizes to fit both standard and plus-sized MTB tires
- Item #TBL0003
- thermoplastic polyurethane
- 29 x 1.8 - 2.4in, 29 x 2.5 - 3.0in
- Valve Type
- presta, 42mm length
- Removable Stem
- valve core not removable
- Claimed Weight
- [29 x 1.8 - 2.4in] 3oz (85g), [29 x 2.5 - 3.0in] 3.9oz (110g)
- Recommended Use
- mountain biking
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help