9 Peak Sport Watch
Why We Like The Suunto 9 Peak Sport Watch
The Suunto 9 already impressed us with its intelligent GPS, accurate heart rate monitoring, and an array of features that cater to all sorts of adventures. The Suunto 9 Peak packs all the original Suunto 9 features into the thinnest, smallest, and toughest size that Suunto's ever made. It has a GPS fit for exploring mountains mixed with over 80 sport modes catered to running, cycling, swimming, and more in a package that we can slide under our sleeves for casual outings. From mountain biking in Squamish to swimming laps at the local gym, the Suunto 9 never left our wrists, and now the Suunto 9 Peak provides an edge for more casual outings like exploring foreign ski towns and keeping track of our daily heart rate.
The problem with a lot of GPS watches is that the GPS tracking is such a drain on the battery that the watch can't always hang through huge 20 mile days, and if it does make it through, the GPS signal has often been reduce to save battery, displaying with a less accurate reading. The Suunto 9 works around this problem by combining GPS and motion sensor data for dependable distance tracking that won't rely entirely on the GPS. This essentially allows the GPS to reduce its impact on the battery and lets the movement data fills in the gaps left behind, letting the watch stay charged during entire runs and letting us log our workouts accurately.
Not only do we have a long-lasting charge with this watch, but we get smart reminders to help stay charged more often. Based on our activity history, these smart reminders recognize when we usually hit the road or trail and send you a reminder to have your watch charged at that time. And if we forget, or if we end up running longer than we expected, the watch recognizes when it's running low and automatically suggest changing your training mode to preserve battery life. On cross-training days this watch has 80 different sport modes for custom tracking of various workouts, as well as 100m water-resistance so we can stretch our muscles in the pool without having to leave this watch behind. A heart rate monitor in the wrist rounds out the features, and its durable construction ensures that it's ready for all of the rugged terrain that we are.
- The thinnest, smallest, toughest Suunto watch for adventurous lives
- GPS tracking & altitude with waypoint, route planning, ETA, and more
- Heart rate calculates calories, recovery time, oxygen levels, and more
- Speed and distance designed for swimming, cycling, running, and training
- Weather alerts for storms, sea level, temperatures, and more
- Rechargeable battery can last anywhere between a day and two weeks
- Over 80 sport modes with the ability to download more through Suunto apps
- Compatible with GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, & BEIDOU satellite systems
- Please see size chart for complete list of technical features
- Item #SUNZ24M