Item # SNT006S
Stan's NoTubes Grail S1 Wheel $201.00
Solid option for off-road exploration.
The Stan's NoTubes Grail S1 Wheel delivers dependable strength at an affordable price, so you can explore rutted forest service roads and jarring stretches of gravel across the countryside—all while leaving precious loot for future upgrades to your gravel bike. Here at the Competitive offices, we appreciate Stan's gimmick-free approach to creating dependable wheels that support tubeless tires at lower pressures, so you can reap the benefits of greater traction and bump compliance, especially in the realms of gravel riding and cyclocross racing.
Part of Stan's S1 collection of affordably priced wheels, the Grail S1 is a palatable option for the gravel rider and cyclocross racer on a budget seeking increased support for running wider tubeless tires. However, you'll find the caveat comes with a weight penalty of approximately 150 grams over the Grail Comp Wheelset, which sits one rung above the budget-focused Grail S1.
6061 aluminum construction maximizes strength when you're rallying over the rough stuff without weighing you down excessively, which is nice when you're linking back roads over long distances on your next adventure. Stan's BST-R rim design is more versatile than their standard BST design used on mountain bike rims, allowing you to run wider tubeless tires at lower pressures while gravel grinding or ride with traditional road tires at higher pressures on the asphalt. Another nice feature at this price, Stan's Neo hubs provide relatively quick 10-degree engagement with their 4-pawl driver.
- Sturdy wheelset for gravel exploration at affordable price
- 6061 aluminum construction maximizes strength at low cost
- BST-R rim design for low-pressure tubeless and standard road tires
- Wide, low-profile design for precise cornering and fast rolling
- 20.3mm internal width supports tires from 20 to 40mm wide
- Neo 6-bolt disc hubs with relatively quick 10° engagement
- 2 layers of 21mm tape and 44mm valves for tubeless set-up