S-Works EXOS Wide Cycling Shoe
The S-Works EXOS Cycling Shoes are some of the lightest, most comfortable cycling shoes available, and as an added bonus they come in a high-volume fit to accommodate riders with wider feet. Specialized pulled out all the stops to make these shoes feathery light without sacrificing support or power transfer, and though the fit might not be quite as secure as that of the race-oriented S-Works 7, the weightless feeling and slipper-like comfort they provide is truly unrivaled among high-end cycling shoes.
To get the weight down to the 150g mark per shoe, Specialized employs Finite Element Analysis and pressure mapping to shave all unnecessary material from the carbon sole while maintaining a high level of stiffness and pedaling efficiency. The uppers are made from a space-grade Dyneema mesh—an incredibly strong and lightweight material that won't deform or stretch under power. The heel cup is removed to save even more weight, replaced by CubicTec reinforcements that mold to your heel to prevent slippage. The toe box is also removed, replaced by a Warp Sleeve vamp that not only sheds grams but also improves comfort in the forefoot area.
Despite the minimalist approach, the S-Works EXOS Shoes still come equipped with Specialized's Body Geometry technology that's engineered to improve comfort and reduce your chance of chronic injury. Defining elements include a Longitudinal Arch support that boosts your power output, a built-in Varus Wedge that improves knee alignment while pedaling, and a Metatarsal Button that alleviates numbness and hot spots.
- Specialized's lightest road shoes tailored for wider feet
- Ultralight carbon sole maximizes stiffness and power transfer
- Dyneema mesh uppers offer a barely-there feel while riding
- Reinforced heel prevents slippage and power loss
- Body Geometry technology boosts comfort and efficiency
- BOA fit system is quick, convenient, and secure
- Non-slip replaceable heel tread improves walkability
- Titanium cleat nuts allow 5mm fore/aft adjustment