Ignore the radar.
When you plan on a ride all day only to see the morning's sunny skies replaced by angry afternoon ones once you leave work, stuff the Sombrio Squall Jacket into your pack and head out anyway. Gloomy clouds and impending rain are often a recipe for abandoned trails, so take advantage of reduced crowds and log some solo laps alone in the mist. If the skies do open up, the Squall's hardshell construction will block rain without adding any unnecessary weight.
The Squall's S-Tek fabric's single-layer construction retains an impressive ability to breathe as it blocks precipitation, ensuring you don't feel like you're trapped under a poncho when you're navigating slick, newly unpredictable lines. Ample venting also helps keep air moving, and the entire jacket stows inside of its own chest pocket; when the showers pass, stash it quickly and cleanly in your pack and go enjoy the sun while it lasts.
- Chance a rainy ride with this jacket backing you up
- Minimal, single-layer construction is light and breathable
- S-Tek hardshell fabric blocks rain and wind without bulk
- Relaxed fit easily layers over a jersey
- Back vent and underarm vents keep air moving consistently
- Helmet-compatible hood adds coverage in a downpour