Nastro Fiore Bar Tape
Silca's latest product is its Nastro Fiore Bar Tape and while this might seem like a lowly component, in typical Silca fashion, it's design possessed the same amount of research and development and attention to detail as any of its products. It uses technology utilized in the latest running shoe foam and F1 tires, creating significant improvements over traditional bar tape. Nastro Fiore uses a laminate of SILCAthane, SILCAlon, and 3M Visco-elastic adhesive instead of a traditional single foam extrusion, allowing for optimization of the tape across a range of desired features.
As a result, the tape is softer, more comfortable, has better wet and dry grip, better vibration damping, and up to 3 to 5-times the durability of existing tape materials. The wrap and finishing of the tape weren't overlooked either and Silca developed a full adhesive backed ‘butterfly’ design to better cover the back of the lever clamp area without adding bulk, a high grip finishing tape, and expanding aluminum and composite bar end plugs ensure a pro-level tape job.
- Silca's 2.5mm thick Tri-Laminate tape delivering similar cushioning to 3.2mm tape
- Debossed FIORE pattern and embossed silicone printing improves grip and cushioning
- Aluminum expanding bar-end plugs are a nice touch
- PU finishing tape offers a pro-level finish
- Butterfly shaped brake clamp covers without the bulk