Shimano always delivers a consistent cycling shoe. We are always amazed with the features it packs into a shoe at every price point. We also enjoy the fact that they wear at a glacial pace. Shimano performance and reliability meets lace up convenience and comfort with the Women's SH-XC5 Mountain Bike Shoe.
Shimano bills the XC5 as a shoe for cross-country, cyclocross, and gravel riding. The synthetic perforated leather upper is lighter and more durable than natural leathers so you get an easy to care for shoe that always fits consistently and dries quickly. On the front of the shoe, the sole has a reinforced threaded area for mounting spikes making it perfect for slimy, muddy CX run-ups or scrambling up loose terrain on hike-a-bike sections. Shimano rates the shoes as a 7 out of 12 on the sole stiffness scale and the lightweight and rigid carbon fiber reinforced sole offers plenty of efficiency when pedaling in earnest. This comes without being overly stiff for off-the-bike running between the planks or into a country store to fuel up for the last push home.
We'll admit, we've become fans of laces here at headquarters. The design is light and it provides a near-custom fit. Shimano adds a Mini Power Strap mid-foot that provides additional support without losing any of the beautiful aesthetics of the shoe. The exclusive Michelin outsole adds remarkable traction when hoofing it on foot and the full-length coverage helps tremendously in the anti-slip department if you miss your clip-in on the first go-round.
- Supple synthetic leathers with perforated venting provide comfort and breathability
- Lace closures with miniature power straps ensure a secure fit
- Lightweight and rigid midsoles are reinforced with carbon fiber for durability
- Exclusive anti-slip Michelin® rubber outsoles shed mud and provide reliable traction
- Reinforced spike mount is designed for extreme conditions, with an 18mm spike option
- Includes additional laces