SH-MW5 Mountain Bike Shoe
There’s wet and there’s wet and cold. While the layer of rain makes the forest’s colors pop, it can also make for the constant distraction of cold feet. Shimano’s MW5 Shoe is lightly insulated and water-resistant, making it a perfect sparring partner for those damp and chilly mountain bike rides.
A fleece-lining keeps toes warm through chilly temperatures, so you can focus on your line and not freezing feet. The MW5 is less insulated than Shimano’s true winter shoe, the MW7, so the polar explorers among us will want to look to that option for greater warmth. For the rest of us, riding through the muck of late fall and early spring, the MW5’s provide the level of insulation and protection we need without overheating on the climbs. The Dryshield liner helps keep moisture out of the shoe from the sides, while the overlapping front flap prevents rain and mud from getting in from the top and the neoprene ankle seals in warmth.
With muddy miles sometimes necessitating a bit of hike-a-bike, Shimano crafted the sole of the MW5 to have a bit more flex than their racing shoes. Rated in the middle of their stiffness scale, the MW5 balances stiffness and flex, so you can walk comfortably through the odd river crossing with the grippy rubber sole providing the confidence needed to hop across wet rocks.
- A tough, insulated MTB shoe for riders for wet and mucky rides
- Durable synthetic leather uppers withstand winter abuse
- DryShield insulated liner is water-resistant, warm, and comfortable
- High-cut ankle cuff adds protection from water, mud, and snow
- Fleece-lined insole delivers warmth and comfort in cold temps
- Speed laces with strap provide adjustable tension across the foot
- Rubber outsole delivers grip for slick hike-a-bike sections
- Compatible with 2-bolt cleats